Patrick Jankowiak recycler at swbell.net
Mon Dec 5 20:38:21 EST 2005

solid state mixing with tubes.. I tried to fire up an old tube linear for
test with an Alinco DX-70.. The Johnson Viking I usually use for this was
not within reach and the DX-70 was.

Unfortunately, there was a DC connection between the GG amp cathodes and
the RF input jack. Somehow this fried the Alinco and blew the fuse on the
linear.. I think when I did the forensics on this one that when the Alinco
un-keyd, the amp was still keyed and 300VDC appeared momentarily on the RF
input jack -still not sure why, but it did.

PJ

From: W5OMR/Geoff <w5omr at satx.rr.com>
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Valiant and Loop progress

Paid yer dues?  Brother, you ain't got started good, yet!  ;-)

Wait till ya try interfacing tube technology with solid state stuff...