[AMRadio] Antenna mounting

John Lawson jpl15 at panix.com
Tue Dec 6 10:32:08 EST 2005

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005, Brett gazdzinski wrote:

> like a 60 foot mast. Radio shack does not even sell the
> 36 foot telescoping mast anymore.

  Lowe's (and quite possibly Home Despot) do - the one I bought was a real
Winegard - I didn't even know they were still around - or maybe it was NOS
- anyway it's been up all 36 feet with a top-mounted Comet GG-style
VHF/UHF antenna and my little weather anemometer - it's planted to a 3'
section 2" pipe in concrete beside the house and attached to the eaves (at
about 15') with a pair of 1 1/2" electrical conduit saddles.

   Been up going on three years now, regular wind gusts of over 60 - 80 mph
(many days of this per year) and of course rain, ice and snow storms.

   So if you put in a 10'or 15' section of 2" pipe beside the house, attach
one of the telescoping masts to it - you might have an easy-to-assemble
solution - dunno.  Of course it's easy to sit here and conjecture about
it.  ;}

   Cheers

John  KB6SCO