[AMRadio] Valiant and Loop progress

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Wed Dec 7 12:20:38 EST 2005

In Belton I had about 38 ft vertical with base loading that I could tap for
75.  Worked just fine.  I then added a cap hat and retapped the coil for
160.  There were about 18-20 radials under it and I didn't have any trouble
talking to whomever I could hear.

You can use rope to guy and run about 25 ft. down each rope for the cap hat
or a single wire for an inverted L.  Be sure to mechanically fasten each
seam by a jumper strap or metal screw through each section into the other.

73  Jim
W5JO