[AMRadio] Valiant and Loop progress

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Wed Dec 7 15:22:37 EST 2005

W5OMR/Geoff wrote:

> Barry Sherwood wrote:
>
>> Well since your gonna need 100 ft towers for supports
>> why not configure it in a delta loop and use the tower
>> for one side of the loop, since your wishing and it is
>> Christmas time!
>>
>> Barry, KF5GC
>>

> because I personally think that Square loops work better than delta
> loops...  it's just a matter of preference.
>
> I'm currently running a delta loop, but only because I don't have
> anything 100' tall for support for a full sized, vertical planed,
> square loop.  :-)

Add to the fact that I think that with a square looop, and less than 1/4
wavelength off of the ground, I'm asking for trouble with neighbors and
RFI...

At least with the vertically planed square loop at ~100 at the top, half
of the antenna would be well above the structures of neighborhood
dwellings, garages and trees and other obsticals that would capture a
signal, and force it to radiate into a poorly designed peice of
electronic equipment, acting improperly as a radio reciever...

--
73 = Best Regards,
Geoff/W5OMR