[AMRadio] Re: Valiant and Loop progress

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Thu Dec 8 02:36:25 EST 2005

Edward B Richards wrote:

>Electrical Metalic Tubing. Also known as thin wall conduit.

I used to sell and deliver the stuff..  The EMT I'm referring to, are
the 3" and 4" I.D. that was threaded one end and had a built-in coupler
at the other - not quite so thin.  They come in 10' and 20' sections,
and are not bad for weight.

3 and 4" ID tubing is much better rated for a support of some antenna,
than that small thin-wall stuff you guys are thinking about. The thin
stuff is the stuff that's used in some houses/businesses as wiring
conduit.  For more than a 20' run, that stuff can't support itself, let
alone anything else.

Geoff/W5OMR