[AMRadio] ARRL bandwidth scheme not accepted

VJB wa3vjb at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 8 15:01:38 EST 2005

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your thoughts. I'm totally with you on the
need for Newington to poll its constituents BEFORE
acting on a major policy or regulatory proposal like
this one.

It's as if they're living in the days when the U.S.
needed an Electoral College for the White House,
because the "voters" were sometimes uneducated and
could not be expected to know the issues.

But people reply to the idea of representative
lobbying (and that's what the League is, despite what
they may tell you) by saying the election of
Directors, like yourself, is where the voters make
their decision. After that, the feeling goes,  it's up
to those Directors to develop and implement matters on
behalf of the greater Amateur community.

Too bad that system has been discredited by the
laundry list of bad moves that could have been avoided
by the leadership in Newington, had they only alllowed
popular opinion and asked some people for guidance on
what they should do.

(Um, BEFORE they go and do it, not as a blind email
box to send reaction to regarding matters that are
already decided, a-henh !)

Paul/VJB