[AMRadio] Purchase Of E.F. Johnson Viking II w/VFO, National

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Thu Dec 8 16:28:54 EST 2005

Bob Scupp wrote:

>To All-
>
>Hi! I just thought I would let everyone know that this
>past week, I purchased a complete AM
>transmitter/receiver station w/accessories!

Congrats, Bob!

Let me be the first to invite you to join the ERAM group on 3.885Mc,
that typically starts around 4am, CST (3AM Mountain Time)

I don't think that there will be good enough propagation for you to work
from Central New Mexico into South and SouthEast Texas, when the 'later'
group fires up at/about 7:30AM CST, on 3.880Mc, but one never knows what
the propagation gods have in store for 75m in the mornings :-)

Got room for a good ol' Dipole antenna on 75m?  I seriously think it
would perform better than a G5RV.  Quite possibly, you could run a 40m
inverted Vee from the same feedline, positioned at 90 degree angles to
the 75m dipole.

Cut 'em to resonance, and let 'er fly!

Welcome aboard.

---