[AMRadio] ARRL bandwidth scheme not accepted

peter markavage manualman at juno.com
Thu Dec 8 17:56:58 EST 2005

VJB stated: Too bad that system has been discredited by the laundry list
of bad moves that could have been avoided by the leadership in Newington,
had they only alllowed popular opinion and asked some people for guidance
on what they should do.
> (Um, BEFORE they go and do it, not as a blind email
> box to send reaction to regarding matters that are
> already decided, a-henh !)
>
> Paul/VJB

My Director spoke to me, and a number of others, at several hamfests to
solicit our opinions on the proposal well before it was made public. My
understanding was that the Directors and Vice-Directors were encouraged
to seek out input after the digital committee submitted its report. Shame
on your Director if he didn't talk to you. Did you vote for him?

The blind email box was up and running for over a year before the final
proposal went to the FCC. There were a number of changes made from the
initial proposal to the final one.

How many amateurs did you solicit comments from before you submitted your
proposal? I see your proposal has a section on "views considered" from
QRZ postings, but did you really go out and solicit comments and
reactions to your tentative proposal before you issued it? I see no
record of that.

Let's set the record straight.

Pete, wa2cwa