[AMRadio] ARRL band width plan not accepted

w9gt at comcast.net w9gt at comcast.net
Fri Dec 9 13:35:40 EST 2005

Paul,

You are a remarkably eloqent and articulate individual and I support much of what you champion with regard to the ARRL and their sometimes misguided actions.  I guess what bothers me, and apparently some others who have commented on the discussion, is the bickering that goes on between those who should be on the same side of the issue.  I think the bandwidth proposal might have had some merit if it equally represented the various interest groups within the hobby.  Unfortunately, like with any group, it is very difficult to arrive at any concensus when there are so many different niches represented under the banner of amateur radio.  I hope that we can come up with enough agreement and interest in the common good to overcome some of the conflict.  Such issues as BPL and the constant attack on our precious frequencies may be even more of a threat than our internal fights over how best to allocate our assigned spectrum.

I have wondered for a long time if it might be wise to ask for specific allocations in the bands for AM operation.  Probably, however, even if the so-called windows were officially recognized, we would still be faced with the QRMers and the hecklers.  I guess it just goes with the territory.

73,  Jack, W9GT

From: VJB <wa3vjb at yahoo.com>