[AMRadio] ARRL Bandwidth Plan

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 10 12:57:00 EST 2005

Bob Peters wrote:

> <>Geoff I agree...This discussion is going no were...All of us are still
> going to be on am anyway...

My comments on the subject, went direct to Mike(y) and not the list,
although the list was my intended recpient when I wrote the reply.

It properly identifies my stance on the 'discussion' of the subject.

Mike Sawyer wrote:

> My apologies Geoff. I sometimes lose sight of  the fact that not
> everyone is as passionate about my point views as I would like to
> think. Anytime somebody pumps sunshine up my skirt about how great the
> ARRgghhL is just curdles my milk;>) We now return you to our regularly
> scheduled programming8>)

I don't disagree that this -should- be discussed 'somewhere'... but why
not discuss digital modes in a digital forum, and let's keep AM and
Homebrewing in the AM forums?

I, like I'm sure everyone else, have my own opinions about ARRL.
However, I fail to see where a pissing match over the rules and
regulations and how poor the ARRL represents Ham Radio in general has a
place in a forum dedicated to the discussion of AM-specific operation.
There are better venues for that.

---
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR