[AMRadio] Who Sets the AM Window Frequencies?

Jim Wilhite w5jo at brightok.net
Sun Dec 11 22:13:01 EST 2005

Mike, since AM is an accepted and legal mode, there is no AM "window"  The
ARRL band plan lists calling frequencies, which means we should make contact
and QSY to another clear frequency.

First of all, the band plan is not a legal document.  Secondly, if people
did as the suggestion, you would hear AM QSOs through the phone portion of
the bands.  The frequencies that are listed usually wind up being the ones
where contacts are established and people stay there.

The movement you mention is because a individual or group pick a frequency
to meet and most AMers then think of that as an AM frequency or "window".

Use any frequency you choose and move about.

73  Jim
W5JO