[AMRadio] Politically Correct Holiday Greetings

W3CRR w3crr at aerialacts.com
Mon Dec 19 16:08:43 EST 2005

I love it!

I'm the public affairs director of a large non-profit agency in
Washington, DC. One of my responsibilities is editing our monthly
magazine.  Last year, at the direction of our Executive Director, I
included holiday greetings in the magazine accompanied by a small
graphic. It was a nice, simple and warmly artistic lit photograph of a
Christmas candle next to a Hanukah menorah.  Subsequently, I received
angry missives from followers of the Christian, Jewish and Islamic
faiths as well as a celebrant of Kwanzaa for either a) juxtaposing their
symbol next to the "opposition", or b) excluding their symbol from the
graphic.  (What's the Kwanzaa icon, by the way, a "Kwanzaa Hut"?)  :-)

No greetings this year...

73,

Craig
W3CRR