[AMRadio] Politically Correct Holiday Greetings

w9gt at comcast.net w9gt at comcast.net
Tue Dec 20 10:32:16 EST 2005

It seems ridiculously simple to me...with all the efforts to avoid offending someone or some group...we (they) are offending everyone.  This country was founded on principles that respected separation of church and state, but those principles certainly did not propose that we ignore or abolish all mention of religious or cultural beliefs, whatever they might be.  It seems outrageous to me that in the effort to be all inclusive, we might be being all-exclusive.  I for one am offended by the exclusion of mention of the true name of the holidays that I enjoy celebrating because such mention might not be in step with someone else's beliefs.  I certainly feel that I should respect other's beliefs and customs.  Why then is it not reciprocal?  MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all who celebrate other holidays at this time.

73,  Jack, W9GT

From: Tom Norris <r390a at bellsouth.net>