[AMRadio] Politically Correct Holiday Greetings

Mike Sanders K0AZ k0az at corpranet.net
Tue Dec 20 10:36:45 EST 2005

Thanks Jack. Merry Christmas.

K0AZ  Mike Sanders
18169 Highway 174
MT Vernon, Missouri 65712-9171
k0az at k0az.com <mailto:k0az at k0az.com>

-----Original Message-----
From: amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net
[mailto:amradio-bounces at mailman.qth.net]On Behalf Of w9gt at comcast.net
Sent: Tuesday, December 20, 2005 9:32 AM
To: Discussion of AM Radio; amradio at mailman.qth.net
Cc: Tom Norris
Subject: Re: [AMRadio] Politically Correct Holiday Greetings

It seems ridiculously simple to me...with all the efforts to avoid offending
someone or some group...we (they) are offending everyone.  This country was
founded on principles that respected separation of church and state, but
those principles certainly did not propose that we ignore or abolish all
mention of religious or cultural beliefs, whatever they might be.  It seems
outrageous to me that in the effort to be all inclusive, we might be being
all-exclusive.  I for one am offended by the exclusion of mention of the
true name of the holidays that I enjoy celebrating because such mention
might not be in step with someone else's beliefs.  I certainly feel that I
should respect other's beliefs and customs.  Why then is it not reciprocal?
MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!! and HAPPY HOLIDAYS to all who celebrate
other holidays at this time.

73,  Jack, W9GT

From: Tom Norris <r390a at bellsouth.net>