[AMRadio] R-388 PTO info needed

John Coleman ARS WA5BXO wa5bxo2005 at pctechref.com
Sun Dec 25 21:14:49 EST 2005

I have had one in and out of a 32V3 XMTR several times repairing flood
damage.  It's not that hard.  The oscillator circuit is not that
complicated.  I don't know the same about the 75A4 PTO removal, but if
that is not to bad, then just fined the open resistor or the shorted
capacitor and replace it.  Be sure to check the DC and filament lines
going into it first.  Mine was filled with mud and had a stuck slug,
which I broke trying to free it up.  But I got it working.  Of course
the calibration is way off because of the broken slug, but that is not
going to happen in your case.  Yours was not full of mud for 2 - 3
years.

John
WA5BXO