[AMRadio] R-388 PTO info needed

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sun Dec 25 21:27:57 EST 2005

John Coleman ARS WA5BXO wrote:

>I have had one in and out of a 32V3 XMTR several times repairing flood
>damage.  It's not that hard.  The oscillator circuit is not that
>complicated.  I don't know the same about the 75A4 PTO removal, but if
>that is not to bad, then just fined the open resistor or the shorted
>capacitor and replace it.  Be sure to check the DC and filament lines
>going into it first.  Mine was filled with mud and had a stuck slug,
>which I broke trying to free it up.  But I got it working.  Of course
>the calibration is way off because of the broken slug, but that is not
>going to happen in your case.  Yours was not full of mud for 2 - 3
>years.

The same can be said about your Transmitter, John.  813's, 250TH's,
modulation transformer, filament transformers, the homebrewed
WA5BXO/K4KYV 43Hy Choke... and all that other stuff that survived the
mud/flood of 1998...

the whole rig is a testament of your electronic repair skills, and
knowledge of same.

Merry Christmas, my friend.

hey, if your computer shop isn't open tomorrow, perhaps you can go get
on the air, and show that rig off.

I'm hearing rumors that 'Heavy Metal Ralley' nite is coming up this
Friday evening.  If Paul/VJB or someone else could confirm, then perhaps
that'd be a nice evening to get on the air.. the night before New Years Eve.

Just a thought.

Perhaps there won't be the same 3 or 4 guys who are talking about
spending $200 to fix a rig that wasn't worth $20, twenty years ago ;-)

---
73 = Best Regards,
Merry Christmas
-Geoff/W5OMR