[AMRadio] 80 Meters Hot

W5OMR/Geoff w5omr at satx.rr.com
Sat Dec 31 09:25:06 EST 2005

Mike Duke, K5XU wrote:

>It's just after 10 PM central time, and 3880 is full of 80 meter
>heavy-weights.
>
>>From Mississippi, I am hearing Ko6NM, Wa3VJB, W5OD, W7ID, and several
>others, all with reasonable signals, some with amazing signals for my 80
>meter qth.
>
>There's also some activity on 3885, but it's not nearly as strong here as
>the guys on 3880.

I wanted to do a lot more operating than what my body and neighbors
would allow me to do, last night.

Having been up since 4am that morning, I did get to work 2 stations, but
both were great contacts;
WA3VJB/Paul in Annapolis, MD and KO6NM/Mike.  I have to say at this time
that Paul had the typical 'copyable but suffers from QSB, QRM, QRN
problems that seem to plauge signals from the NorthEast, but when
Mike/KO6NM broke, (to coin a phrase from K5SWK) "Great Gallopin' Gobs of
Goose Liver!" coupled with "Holy Mackeral there, Andy!"  40DB/S-9!  What
a signal.

73 - W5OMR