[AMRadio] Bad Static Problem

Schichler, Alfred ASchichler at microwavedata.com
Tue Feb 1 08:48:07 EST 2005

I just started getting an intermittent noise problem on several bands that
runs from s-9 to about 20 over. It's especially bad on 40 meters,
but I can hear it on 80 and 160 pretty good too. Not too bad on the higher
bands. Sometimes it is just one or two pops per second, then it changes to
as much as about 50 or more pops per second, then slowly back again.
Sometimes only one every few seconds. This is very annoying, because the
main receiver I use does not have a noise blanker, and the noise limiter
doesn't do a whole lot.
I was wondering if that sounds like anything similar to the noise any of you
other guys have been getting. (Maybe from power lines?)
I can't hear it at all on a portable AM broadcast band receiver, so it might
be difficult to track down without getting the power company involved.
Thanks for any help.

Al, NE2D