[AMRadio] Bad Static Problem

Tom wa6apn at charter.net
Tue Feb 1 10:33:23 EST 2005

Hello Al
Just started having a similar problem,but it's not intermittent. Came on
last night while I was on 160 AM,appears my neighbor laid some polywire down
on the wet ground and hooked it up to a device called an electronic dog
fence. I'm getting a steady 120 IPM + at S-7 to 10db over 9 noise level on
every rcvr in the shack ( R-388,NC-98,NC-57,HQ-129X,HQ-150,ARC-5,plus a
TS-430s and a SWAN 500CX) Up until this my average noise level was about
S-1. Also all AM broadcast rcvrs in the house,some 75' away from the
fence.It's hitting me on 160,80/75 and 40 can also be heard on 20 at about
an S3 level. Plans at this time are an offer to help him install it
properly. BTW didn't take long to find the source with a protable AM
broadcast rcvr. Best-o-luck Al 73, Tom / wa6apn