[AMRadio] Stagger Tuning IF transformers with scope

Ka9p at aol.com Ka9p at aol.com
Tue Feb 1 22:16:51 EST 2005

It's embarrassing to ask, but I want to stagger tune the IF transformers in a
51J for a little broader AM response with my scope, and realized I don't know
exactly what to do - I assume you use a sweep generator or FM sig wider than
the bandpass, but don't understand how to use the scope to look at the
response (and to think I got my license when you had to know something) - if there's
a reference on line somewhere or someone can give me a hint I'd really
appreciate it. Thanks, Scott