[AMRadio] Tin whiskers?

Bob Macklin macklinbob at msn.com
Wed Feb 2 14:25:20 EST 2005

I think the problem for electronis can be controlled by applying confomal
coating after assembly.

About 10 years I go I worked with a proces that used nickel particals in
epoxy resin to replace solder. The process did work but was a real mess to
work with. We tried making surface mount PCBs with this process. The parts
have to be mounted with the GOO and then held in position until the GOO
cured. And we did use accelerators with the GOO but it was impractical at
the time.

Bob Macklin
K5MYJ/7
Seattle, Wa.