[AMRadio] AM Bulletin Board

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 8 18:16:13 EST 2005

>Yes indeed one of the best utilities there is for modern day cleanup of
>spy ware.  I highly recommend it.  I seems thought that it is a little
>difficult to get to for all the advertising so I have put it on my site
>for quick and easy download of the installation program.

I also have Spybot Search and Destroy, and update it regularly.  But I
wonder about its effectiveness.  Everytime I run it, it always finds the
exact same 5 registry entries and deletes them.  So last time I tried an
experiment.  I ran it, and sure enough it deleted those registry entries.  I
IMMEDIATELY rescanned, and sure enough, it once again found the exact same 5
"problems" and fixed them.  I am wondering if it is really finding anything
or fixing anything.

Ad-Aware usually finds a long list of "date miner" cookies and deletes them,
but nearly all are rated as "low risk."  I usually run it about once a week.

Don K4KYV