[AMRadio] AM Bulletin Board

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Thu Feb 10 11:05:59 EST 2005

There is at least one class of spy ware that Spy bot and Ad-aware cannot delete. These are the ones that you are seeing pop back up after scanning and fixing. SB and AA can usually see them, but can't fix them. The best approach for these is to write down the names that you see from the Ad-aware run, then go to google and look them up. A few quick searches will usually take you to a list of steps for removing the offender as well as some text that describes what kind of bug you have caught. Be prepared to do some scary registry editing.

The BEST cure for spy ware is to switch web browsers from Internet Explorer to Firefox. Microsoft IE is a spy-ware magnet. Firefox is open-source freeware and available for download.

73, Don Merz, N3RHT