[AMRadio] Open Reel Tape -- Production resumes ?

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Tue Feb 15 13:35:38 EST 2005

Actually, the modern digital recorders that I have used simulate a tape transport. The push-button controls are marked the same as a tape deck. When you hit fast-forward, it simulates building up speed--just like a tape machine. People still say "roll tape" to start recording --even when they know it's not tape.

73, Don M.