[AMRadio] B&W850A

Mike Sawyer w3slk at uplink.net
Fri Feb 18 19:34:59 EST 2005

I had some success by dissolving clear acrylic, (similar to Plexi-glas®), in
acetone. The only problem is that it leaves the plastic with a bunch of
bubbles impregnated in the dried solution. Now, the one thing I would like
to try and would recommend is if you have a power supply with current
control, to sandwich the coil with the acrylic and place the coil across the
power supply. But limit the current so that the coil doesn't get red hot.
This would soften the acrylic and cause it to form more to the coil without
the mess of the acetone solution. I just need a good power supply to try
this.
Gud Luck,
Mike(y)
W3SLK