[AMRadio] Western Electric 451A-1

David Knepper cra at floodcity.net
Sat Feb 19 10:12:16 EST 2005

I have little or no luck in locating an owner of this transmitter.  A
gentleman in Cleveland  had one but I am unable to reestablish contact.

I have one restored - see the CRA website in the "Album" section on the
homepage and then click on the Heavy Metal article for a picture of this
unit next to my restored Collins 20V-3.

I need the dimensions of the three back panels that enclose the wiring and
components.  These are three "U" shaped panels that are painted a lovely
blue color.

Would anyone know of an owner of this 1947 transmitter?  Or, would know the
gentleman from Cleveland who was restoring one?

Thank you.

Dave, W3ST
Publisher of the Collins Journal
To Join the CRA go to www.collinsra.com

Nets:  3805 Khz, Monday/Wednesdays 8 PM EDST
          14250 Khz Saturday, 12 Noon EDST