[AMRadio] Old Novice Days

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sat Feb 19 12:11:54 EST 2005

ronnie.hull wrote:

>a recent qso about novice days, stimulated my interest and I got out my old
>log books. My very first cq qso was on november 24, 1969, with WN8AAD, George
>in Hamden Ohio, on 7.160mhz, at 22:45    I wonder whatever happened to ole
>George?

I swear I remember mom getting her ticket in 1967.  She is WB5BBF,
recently upgraded to general and renewed her ticket for another 10 years.

Even then, I *thought* I recalled the novice frequencies on 40m being
from 7100 ~ 7150kc.
The fone band was the same as it is now... 7150 ~ 7300kc.

Are you sure your first QSO was on 7160kc?

;-)

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR (/5 New Orleans, LA)