[AMRadio] Want some real fun??

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Wed Feb 23 19:31:20 EST 2005

George KB2Z wrote:

> I saw plans for a magic eye tuning indicator on Phils old radio site.
> It was listed as being for a Halli. S-19R or S-20R but is adaptable to
> other rigs. 73 George KB2Z
>
> At 06:02 PM 2/23/05 -0500, you wrote:
>
>> I really enjoy the old Daze stories,we all got one..For a real hoot
>> with your
>> old reciever,build up a green "Magic Eye" tube circuit for the AVC
>> line and
>> watch it "Wink" open and close as you tune the signals.. It really
>> Glows Green
>> in the dark..Have fun ....Ron W6MAU

A Lot of guys are interested in hearing how their rigs sound on-air, but
due to strong signals
in the receiver, receiver being muted, etc... it's difficult to get a
-real good- idea of how it
"sounds".

What would it take to build a 'crystal set' to tune 75m?  Simple diode
detection, possibly
some sort of attenuation to keep the input signal down, and a set of
cheap headphones...

Fun Projects that have a purpose!

---
73 = Best Regards,