[AMRadio] Want some real fun??

Joe Crawford crawfish at surfmore.net
Wed Feb 23 21:21:31 EST 2005

A friend of mine who was active during the "gooneybox" era on 6 and 2m said
that if you had a real strong signal into someone's receiver, it would cause
the tuning eye tube to go dark. The predecessor of "S meters". If you were
real strong, the receiving station would say," You're closing the eye over
here". Kind of like S9 plus a bunch.
                                    Joe W4AAB