[AMRadio] Old Novice Days

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 27 13:37:01 EST 2005

>Geoff wrote:
> >

> > I spoke up (I'm not shy!) and said "What's the matter, this stuff boring
> > you?"  HE said "Hell yeah!  I don't come turn my radio on to just sit
> > and listen to all this electronic building crap!  I wanna talk about
> > what's important to ME!"

Typical SSB appliance operator mentality.  Remember, these are the folks who
have repeatedly petitioned the FCC to have AM outlawed from amateur radio.

Probably fires up on the exact same frequency night after night, talks to
the same 5-6 other hams, about the same uninteresting stuff, and pitches a
royal fit if some unsuspecting operator outside his pet group happens to
appear on "his" frequency, even if it was not actively in use at the time.

Don k4kyv