[AMRadio] Insulin Pump RFI?

Jim Isbell, W5JAI jim.isbell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 28 09:15:56 EST 2005

The whole thing is a moot point.

First, dont you think that if the pump was subject to interferance
that there would have been an ambulance sued by now?  The ambulance
uses RF to communicate with the hospital and his transmitter is
closer.

The signs that your cell phone might cause trouble in a hospital are
all BS.  The ambulance in the driveway has a much stronger signal.
The antenna on the hospital roof has a stronger signal.

Its all a red herring to try to cut down on cell phones ringing in
doctors offices.