[AMRadio] Strange interference

Geoff/W5OMR w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Sat Jan 1 10:18:21 EST 2005

> >I had a problem with a treadmill. Even though it was
> >not running, if left on it put out junk on 6, 2, and
> >440. Only solution was to turn power switch off....
>
> Wow, they are  putting rf generating trash in EVERYTHING.  What under the
> sun does a treadmill use electronics for?  Before we know it, we'll have the
> same problem with flush toilets.  Touch lamps were just the tip of the
> iceberg.
>
> At the rate we are going, we won't have to worry about BPL.  By the time it
> is widely deployed, the bands will already be unuseable due to the combined
> rfi from all the consumer junk China is exporting here.
>
> And I'll bet there is no FCC Part 15 label on the thing.

Probably one of those heart/pulse/blood pressure monitoring devices, with a
motorized belt that slides across the platform, and enables you to run, while
you're 'wired for sound' (being monitored for health & safety reasons).

The RFI started back longer ago than that, though.  Old(er) TVs, when they had
tuners that weren't on an IC, had a single, non-sheilded wire from the tuner to
the circitry.  No sheilding for RFI, whatsoever.

John/WA5BXO could tell a lot of stories, being that he must have worked on at
LEAST a Grizzilion TV's over the years, there at Delta Plaza, TV (Home Of The
Whopper).  ;-)

Happy New Year, All!

---
73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR

May the warm winds of heaven blow softly on your home
and the Great Spirit bless all who enter there.

May your moccasins make happy tracks In many snows
and May the Rainbow Always touch your Shoulder
~Cherokee Blessing