[AMRadio] Strange interference

SBJohnston at aol.com SBJohnston at aol.com
Sun Jan 2 03:20:21 EST 2005

The cases of raspy or otherwise modulated, periodically-spaced interference
up thru the HF spectrum that I've tracked were caused by either computers,
monitors, or other equipment with *switching* power supplies.  The supplies were
the culprit...

Touch-control lights can also cause similar harmonically-related signals but
the ones I've hunted were unstable unmodulated carriers.

I've noticed that more and more of the "wall-wart" AC adapter supplies coming
out now are little switchers and make a lot of racket in the HF bands.

Steve WD8DAS

sbjohnston at aol.com
http://www.qsl.net/wd8das