[AMRadio] Re: [Collins] You Won't Believe This


David McClafferty ve1adh at yahoo.ca
Sun Jan 2 12:01:53 EST 2005


 
> I would think that if enough current went through
> the meter to reverse the 
> magnet, it would have melted the coil...
> 

Maybe it was reversed by a magnetic field rather than
a current through the coil. The fridge in my
daughter's house became magnetized after the house was
hit by lightning. The magnetism messed up the TV in
the next room and if you walked around the fridge with
a compass it would always point to the fridge. The
fridge stilled worked fine, but several other
appliances in the house were toast.

Dave, VE1ADH


______________________________________________________________________ 
Post your free ad now! http://personals.yahoo.ca



More information about the AMRadio mailing list

This page last updated 11 Dec 2017.