[AMRadio] WTB: Millen 90801 Exciter

Byron Lichtenwalner w3wkr at verizon.net
Mon Jan 3 07:28:09 EST 2005

Hello Alan
The pictures of the trnsmitter brought back many memories.  I built one just
like it in about 1955 or 1956 from a Handbook article.  There waqs a
companion modulator with 807's, also using the economy power supply.

I still have a spot on my finger where I hit the plate choke while changing
coils in the final when I forgot to turn off the B+.

There was also a tubeless VFO that plugged into the 5763 that kind of
drifted around the band.  A Heath VFO was put in place to address that
problem.

Big project for a 16 or 17 year old than.

Byron, W3WKR