[AMRadio] Low Power AM nets

W7QHO at aol.com W7QHO at aol.com
Mon Jan 3 15:02:08 EST 2005

Al,

Low power AM can be a lot of fun, but depends almost entirely on conditions
as has already been mentioned.   Was the same back in the days when AM was King
-- forget about 75 in the evening with 20W.   This is why SSB rules today.

I use my military GRC-9 (5W carier on AM) in conjunction with higher power
equipmant.   If conditions seem to be good I'll switch over, and continue on at
the QRP level or switch back depending on reports received.   QRP just fine
for local work, of course.

You migh try tuning in to the Military Radio Collectors Net, Saturday
mornings, 3885 kHZ starting at 0500 EST.   The NC is W3PWW

Dennis D. W7QHO
Glendale, CA