[AMRadio] Low Power AM nets

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Mon Jan 3 16:43:14 EST 2005

RJ Mattson wrote:
> Al,
> Don't tell anyone you are using low power and you will get good reports.
> The difference between a DX-40 and a KW is maybe at most 3 S-units on
> your rcvr.
> bob...w2ami

On 40m (7.160) yesterday afternoon, Darrell/WA5VGO broke in right
after I did, it sounded like he had modified the audio on his
KW-1, it sounded so good.  You could have knocked me over with a
feather when he said he was running around 35w from a homebrewed
rig, running a single 807, modulated by a pair of 6L6's.

 From Houston to San Antonio, 35w should -not- be 25db/S-9 :-)

Great Job, Darrell!

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR