[AMRadio] Matching a 100 watt PA am to drive 833'S

Patrick Jankowiak recycler at swbell.net
Thu Jan 6 20:29:33 EST 2005

Better than installing or connecting an evil transistorized
driver to it. He asked for suggestions on how to make it work, so
the field is open. As to why, I can't say. No one said anything
about drilling holes (mutilation) but hopefully that won't happen.

Patrick
From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv at hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: [AMRadio] Matching a 100 watt PA am to drive 833'S

I think it would be a terrible mistake to mutilate a high quality
transmitter by going from a design as superbly engineered as the
BC-1F, and
converting it to something as jury-rigged as using a power
transformer for a
driver transformer, or one output transformer feeding a second
reverse
connected output transformer to feed the grids.

Don K4KYV