[AMRadio] VFO for 20V-3

Bob Maser bmaser at tampabay.rr.com
Thu Jan 6 20:58:32 EST 2005

When I got my 20V-3 the coil sets had already been modified for 75M by
WA5MOE.  He followed the directions in the conversion manual "published" by
Bill Carns, N7OTQ.  I have the manual and it says to remove the existing
windings and replace with 22 turns of #24 silk covered coil wire.  I don't
think that silk covering is necessary.  Plain old Formvar coated solid
copper wire is fine.  Do you have Bill's manual?  I think he would send you
one if you asked.
Tnx for your input on the VFO.

Bob