[AMRadio] Matching a 100 watt PA am to drive 833'S

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Jan 6 21:05:34 EST 2005

Patrick Jankowiak wrote:

> Better than installing or connecting an evil transistorized driver to
> it. He asked for suggestions on how to make it work, so the field is
> open. As to why, I can't say. No one said anything about drilling
> holes (mutilation) but hopefully that won't happen.
>
> Patrick
> --
> From: "Donald Chester" <k4kyv at hotmail.com>
> Subject: RE: [AMRadio] Matching a 100 watt PA am to drive 833'S
>
> I think it would be a terrible mistake to mutilate a high quality
> transmitter by going from a design as superbly engineered as the
> BC-1F, and
> converting it to something as jury-rigged as using a power transformer
> for a
> driver transformer, or one output transformer feeding a second reverse
> connected output transformer to feed the grids.

Patrick, with your collection of parts and transmitters, and knowlege of
the same,
it's a shame you're sitting there with a Technician class license.  You
need to put
those rigs on the air.  They're old enough.  The need to be HEARD! :-)

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR

(descrete transistors are -not- evil.  Evilness lies in microprocessors!)