[AMRadio] VFO for 20V-3

Donald Chester k4kyv at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 6 22:47:29 EST 2005

>I am nearing completion of my 20V-3 for 75M and was wondering what VFO's
>are available that easily interface with the 20V-3.

The 1.5-3.0 mHz PTO unit from a T-195 or T-368 would work.  I use a modified
T-368 PTO/exciter unit as an all- band VFO unit.  With the bare PTO, you
will need to mechanically mount it in something and provide a power supply.
Just be careful not to run the unit all way to the end of the tuning range.
With any of the Collins-type PTO's, if you run it all way to the end, far
enough to feel mechanical resistance at the shaft, you have already
permanently damaged the internal tuning mechanism.

Don K4KYV