[AMRadio] l00p antenna

CHRIS PAPAIOANNOU amateur at ipnet.gr
Mon Jan 10 00:01:46 EST 2005

i believe that the best feeding point it's one of the corners of the bottom
flat stretch of wire.In this way there is an excellent vertical radiator
with low angles of radiation ideal for long distance contacts.And this
bottom flat stretch of wire hasn't to be extended very high from the ground.
I had once homemade a D loop for 20M and allthough conditions weren't good
no good propagation and noise due to this no good propagation was able to
contact K3ZO on 20s with a barefoot rig.N2NU also.There was no noise on the
rcvr due to the antenna and allthough the above mentioned stations do have
good antennas and listen o.k the loop was working o.k in order to help them
listen to you.
Chris SV1DAF.