[AMRadio] Triplett 310-FET Meter

Merz Donald S merz.ds at mellon.com
Mon Jan 10 11:12:53 EST 2005

I was given this meter and it seems like it ought to have potential. Problem is the batteries. I got a manual for it from Triplett (free snail-mailed photocopy!--amazing in 2005). It needs 2 batteries. The 1.5 volt job is still made as the ASA N cell. But the small 7 volt battery is a problem. It is no longer made and I don't see anything that is both physically and electrically close...

Does anyone else have this meter? If so, what do you do for batteries?

The 310-FET is a handheld, analog VOM/VTVM with a 10 meg input impedance. It seems very well built. The voltage ranges are limited to 600V (whereas a VTVM would typically go upwards of 1500) but that should be fine for casual use.

Anyway, I'd like to sue this meter. But I'd like it to have all of it's required batteries.

The Triplett web site old gear FAQ makes an honest, wry comment about their choices of batteries of their equipment over the years...

73, Don Merz, N3RHT