[AMRadio] AM Amps

CHRIS PAPAIOANNOU amateur at ipnet.gr
Tue Jan 11 05:31:22 EST 2005

73s to all,
regarding Dick's problem i'd try to match 1st the Ranger's output pwr with
the needed input pwr of one of the amps.The choice of the amp depends on the
output pwr someone wants to "push on the air".Saw a Ranger there in Ebay and
think it's using something like 6L6s or anyway not high power output tubes.
"Playing"with the outputs B+,or grid HV or grid pollution resistance,in
order to reduce or increase the output pwr and match it with amp's input
it's easy.Resistances for the B+ and grid HV and a meter to measure.The
greatest the 2nd grid resistance is in value the worst.It's "pushing hard on
limits" the tube depending on the B+ and grid voltages also.
Hope it helps,
Chris SV1DAF.