[AMRadio] Thanks

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue Jan 11 11:23:01 EST 2005

RICHARD W GILLESPIE wrote:

> Thanks to all for your suggestions and guidance. Great thread for
> getting help. Hope to talk on the air at some point with all. I gotta
> believe that AM is making a comeback. SSB has gotten a bit boring. Too
> bad AM cannot get the respect it deserves and the frequencies to go with
> it. Thanks again.

Looking forward to hearing you on the air, Dick.  There's a group
of us 5-landers on 3.885 EARLY in the mornings (from 4 to 6am)
and then the 'later morning' crew fires up around 8am, on 3.880.

There are some other guys that might be 100 to 200 miles closer
to ya, on 3.890 that you could give a listen to.  Or, you could
go homestead a new frequency some/anywhere else in the phone
band.  Seems there's a 'waste land' down below 3.850.  QSO's are
few and far between and mostly SSB, but I've known some AM to
occur on 3.840, 3.820, and even 3.760.  The point is, we don't
-have- to be limited to 3.870~3.890.  SSB is just another version
of AM 'Phone operation, and therefore is permitted anywhere
'phone operations are allowed.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR