[AMRadio] AM Amps

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue Jan 11 19:53:31 EST 2005

> I'm with Dennis and Gary. To run a linear amplifier at 375 watts of
> carrier and 100% modulation, you will need around 800 watts of plate
> dissipation. For a short time a number of years ago, I tried running an
> AF-68 and a 4-1000A linear amplifier. I could never get more than around
> 450 watts of carrier and stay linear............I didn't need a heater
> in the shack either.
>
> 73,
> Darrell, WA5VGO

Darrell, do you still have the powersupply for the AF-68?  I have
one here, that I got from Larry/CFJ a couple of years ago, and
I've been wanting to put that thing mobile for so long, that I'm
about ready to build an AC-input power supply, and plug it into
my 600w DC-AC inverter.

Thanks.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR