[AMRadio] ten-tec radio

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Tue Jan 11 22:24:05 EST 2005

af4ob at ntelos.net wrote:
> I am thinking about giving my ten-tec jupiter a try on am.(only base rig i
> have)
>  and body using one,and can give me an idea as to how this rig will work
> also have 811 amp   73 Ron af4ob

I was in the Ten-Tec labs Ham Shack, back in September of this
year.  There was a group of H'AM's on 7.290, and the reciever on
the Omni 6 sounded superb!  Am told that the transmit audio, with
the DSP, etc will sound just as well.

I think the Jupiter has those features.  If the AM filter has
been added, Ron, you shouldn't have any troubles, out of it.
Just remember, 25% of the total output of the transciever, for
25% output of the amplifier's max.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR