[AMRadio] Scopes

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Jan 13 06:50:35 EST 2005

RICHARD W GILLESPIE wrote:
> I would like to get a good but not too expensive scope to monitor
> modulation on my Valiant and Ranger. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Like the other guy said, any old scope will work.  I have found
out, though (and who said sense was common? ;-)) that you can't
use a 5Mc scope, to monitor your 40m carrier.  That was a -long-
time ago, I tried that stunt.  Couldn't figure out why things
were 'slanted' on 40m, when it looked/worked so sweetly on 75m.

20Mc scopes are fairly common at hamfests.

There's times you can find good deals. Other times you will find
people that want an arm, a leg and a contract for you to give up
your first born child, and share raising rights on the 2nd.

Kinda like those people that make a mint off of selling Collins
stuff.  Just because it says "Collins" on it, some people seem to
start foaming at the mouth.  Very similar to Pavlov's Dogs.

Personally, I really don't -care- what it is, or do I much care
for how it looks, as long as it works.

Ok.  I need more coffee :-)

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR