[AMRadio] Grounds (was AM Amps)

Tom Norris r390a at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 13 09:26:07 EST 2005

You know the old saying -- "Been there, done that, still have the scars"
(and with a bit of time may be able to find the paramedic's report.)

*Always* make sure AC powered gear has a GOOD earth/safety ground,
even RF gear of *any* sort. You don't really want to know what happens
when parts of you become part of the counterpoise for a 5 KW medium
wave antenna system. And never ever defeat interlocks. Don't ask how
I know.

(OT-I've even got a couple good scars from my land mobile days
from 1 watt UHF HTs)

Tom NU4G
"lockout-tagout poster child"