[AMRadio] AM Amps

Geoff w5omr at w5omr.shacknet.nu
Thu Jan 13 19:16:31 EST 2005

Jim Candela wrote:
> To keep the 4-1000 plate from shocking you, ground the
> plate, and float the chassis.

Please trim up the messages when you reply, and
secondly, some of you "old timers" have garnered the trusted
respect of those who don't have as many gray hairs as y'all do.

Put a ";-)" or a <grin> in there, Jim, before someone actually
DOES ground the plate, and float the chassis.  Next thing you
know, we'll be reading about some ham who bit the big one because
he leaned his hand on his home brewed rig, to dip the plate, in
his bare feet.  On cold concrete.

Don't ask me how I know.

It was that same time I learned about polarized AC plugs.

73 = Best Regards,
-Geoff/W5OMR